We went on a beautiful walk in a wetland with a 1 1/2 mile boardwalk on a gorgeous sunny afternoon. Well, it is my new favorite place! Tons of wading birds, completely oblivious to human activity around them. Sitting on nests, stalking for fish, or just sunning. Saw a spoonbill....the first I had ever seen in the wild. An otter scampered from waterway to waterway with a Great Blue Heron stomping after him. For what purpose, I am not sure, but it was entertaining to watch. And then, finally, the alligator reared his sleepy head, to the delight of all visiting.
I am anxious to go back at a more optimum lighting time, and see what I can capture. There were folks with huge lenses arriving as we left....we had evening appts so could not stay. I left with great "lens envy!" Those things were HUGE!! On the way out, I got the idea to start shooting a few of THEM, which I did, and will post. Wish I had thought of it sooner. :-)
David and Cindy left today to go back to the snow in Boston. Oh well....they got a sun break!
No comments:
Post a Comment