As I have been updating this, the morning sun turned to foreboding black sky, and the heavens opened up and dumped buckets of rain! And now the sun is shining once again! It reminds me of what tropical weather can be, and that when you see forecast for rain, it could be for a half hour or so, and that is it.
The same occurs in Portland. They show "rain", and that could mean we got a few sprinkles during the day, so it counted! But the total rainfall is not what one might imagine. It DOES however, remain gray and cloudy there, at least in the winter.
There are so many misconceptions about places. New Jersey, for instance, is considered Newark-like by many. (It is not called the "garden state" for nothing.) Florida is likened to Orlando, because Disney is what people see, and say they have been to Florida! Portland has cowboys and indians and always rains. (NOT! Portland has the most spectacular summers of anywhere we have ever been! ) Florida is buggy. (????) I can tell you the mosquitos in New Hampshire will carry you away in the middle of the day!!
Sometime I will have to do some rambling about different names people call things in different parts of the country! That one is really fun! I should be able to get a collection of things as we hit the road in the RV!
Should make that a game!
Good to see you moving again!
ReplyDelete