Portland Rose Test Garden
On such a glorious afternoon, I decided we should go walk around the garden, where we have not been in some time. 4.5 acres, 700 varieties, and something like 9000 roses! About a month behind due to the bad weather, but that was to our advantage. It was stunning! Wish I had taken my good camera.....and I intend to do that again early in the day very soon, The light here was mid day and harsh, but wanted to put a few in.
They are offering tours this year, and surprisingly, Clem suggested we do that! And he thoroughly enjoyed it! He remarked that his Dad loved roses, and would have enjoyed the garden. Everyone seems, to, rose lover or not.
In August, there are summer concerts here in an amphitheater, which are very fun to attend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment